An “Open Door” Noh Experience at Omotesando
Want to know more about Noh? Our two-hour workshop offers an immersive experience to anybody, regardless of prior level of theatrical experience. Learn about the history and practice of Noh, enjoy demonstrations of Noh dance, and experience Noh singing and gestures. You can even take pictures in beautiful and unique spots for social media! Lectures and instructions are given in Japanese, but you will receive a pamphlet in English.
The structure of the workshop:
Learn about Noh, the stage, masks, costumes, and props
See a demonstration of Noh dance
Learn Noh singing
Learn Noh dancing and gestures
Wear a Noh mask and walk on the stage
Dates for the first half of 2019:
- January: Friday, 1/18 and Friday, 1/25
- February: Sunday, 2/03 and Friday, 2/22
- March: Sunday, 3/10 and Friday, 3/29
- April: Saturday, 4/13 and Friday, 4/26
- May: Friday, 5/03 and Friday, 5/17
- June: Friday, 6/07 and Friday, 6/21
- July: Friday, 7/5 and Friday, 7/19
- August: Friday, 8/9 and Friday, 8/23
- September: Friday, 9/6 and Sunday, 9/15
- October: Saturday, 10/12 and Thursday, 10/24
- November: Friday, 11/15 and Friday, 11/29
- December: Friday, 12/6 and Friday, 12/20
All workshops are held 10:00AM–12:00PM (2h).
3,000 JPY per person
- The fee includes the cost of an English-language pamphlet, the rental of a pair of tabi (Japanese traditional socks) and a fan.
- Please pay the fee at the venue’s reception desk on the day of the workshop.
- Any additional people who may accompany participants are also each required to pay the fee.
Please send the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Workshop” as the subject line. We will send you a confirmation email within 3 business days.
- The full name of each person for whom you are registering (including your own name)
- Date of the workshop you wish to attend
- The total number of registrants
- Each participant’s shoe size in centimeters (if possible)
shoe size converter charts
Alternatively, you can view available registration spots and make a reservation on Jalan.net(Japanese only).